PENN International 50VISW 2-Speed Conventional Reel
Since 1932, Penn Reels have cranked in over 1,400 IGFA world records. The reason for this outstanding success is that every Penn Reel embodies a tradition of quality and innovation that has made Penn Reels the go-to choice of anglers around the world.
Tournament anglers know that along with the right technique, persistence and yes, a bit of luck, landing that record-setting fish requires a reel they can trust—which is why so many pros choose reels from Penn's International VIS series—like the International 50VISW, 2-Speed, Lever Drag reel pictured here. The "W" indicates that it has a wide, low-profile design with extra line capacity. Like all the reels in the VIS series, construction features a rugged frame machined from high-strength, lightweight, aircraft-grade aluminum, brawny stainless steel gear train and smooth Dura-Drag system. Provided you're up to the task, you can count on this reel to bring the big brutes to heel and maybe even set a record yourself.
- Machined and anodized aluminum frame and side plates offer strength and corrosion resistance
- Stainless steel main and pinion gears are strong and corrosion resistant
- Quick-Shift II™ 2-speed system enables quick and easy gear shifting, without having to remove your hands from the crank
- Dura-Drag™ system virtually eliminates hesitation, even under heavy drag settings
- Double-Dog Ratchet Anti-Reverse eliminates back-play in the handle and is twice as strong as a typical single dog system
- Six corrosion-resistant stainless steel ball bearings assure smooth operation under heavy loads
- Powerful 100 pound drag tires the largest of fish
- Versa-Strike Adjustable Strike Stop enables you to customize the strike position to provide more adjustment between strike and full position. Adjustment can be made for fishing different types of line, or tournament settings
- Line capacity rings indicate how much line is left on the spool
- Made in the U.S.A. of domestic and imported components